Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Let It Snow Let It Snow Let It Snow

Today I had an interesting day. Today I had to be in Tuckahoe by noon because the schools were having an early release because of the snow. So, I got on the bus about ten o'clock this morning. The bus was so crowded that there were quite a few people standing (including me). The bus ride was fine at first. Talked to a couple of ladies because that's just what happened. After a couple of people left, I got to sit down. Not long after that, the bus was at a stop and all of a sudden you hear yelling and all kinds of words (not good ones in case you couldn't put it together) coming from the back. Honestly, I can't even tell you what all was being said because I don't even really know what was going on. Someone wanted on and someone wanted off. I've heard the 'f' word a lot in the twenty years I've lived on earth, but I'm telling you, I heard it more in one to two minutes than I had in that twenty year span! It was getting so bad I literally thought that a fight was going to happen! I even heard that the bus driver put the bus 'not in service' and that she was going to call the cops. I was thinking about possibly walking the rest of the way to the train station (which wasn't as close as I would want it to be). But after a couple of very long minutes, everything was fine and the bus was moving again. We got to the stop at the train station and I almost couldn't get off there were so many people! It was crazy!
When I got into the train station I had to hurry and buy my weekly ticket and hope that the 10:35 was going to be a little late because I had gotten to the station about 10:30. So I bought my ticket, looked at the board to see if the train had arrived yet, and went to track three. As I was heading up the stairs leading to outside I saw the train slowing down to a stop. I made it just in time! Which meant I wasn't going to have to wait for the 11:05! Yay! Go me! I'm a winner today! The train ride wasn't as exciting as the bus ride of which I am thankful. Although there were a couple of times I had thought that I missed my stop but I didn't thank goodness.
Now you're wondering if the rest of my day was as exciting. Not really. I got to the house and then the girls and I pretty much relaxed until their mom came home (she decided it wasn't worth driving to work in this weather because it was so bad and the traffic was awful). Then she took me home (which took a little longer than normal because of weather and traffic and her car didn't have the best traction). I had to walk a couple blocks home which I was fine with. When I got home, I put on some music, ate a bowl of cereal and tried to figure out my room and where to put some things. I haven't quite unpacked just yet because we are putting finishing touches here and there. Taking baby steps at a time which is fine with me. I've been pretty much freezing all day so I put on some sweats grabbed a book I got for Christmas and read. Then a little after my boss got home, we built a wardrobe for the girl's and my room for our storage or clothes or whatever. Let's just say, Ikea's warning labels add to the reason why I love warning labels so much. But that's a different story for a different day.
Thanks for reading! Hope I explained my morning and how it went so you know I felt! It was crazy and scary and exciting all the same time! I didn't know what to feel. Anyway, tune in next time! Hopefully I'll have something exciting to share. Maybe I'll wind up lost or have another bucket list item crossed off. Who knows, it could be anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment