Sunday, January 12, 2014

"Toto...I don't think I'm in Utah anymore..."

Friday was a pretty relaxing day. I mostly just stayed in the house until the girls got here. Saturday and today were just a little more interesting. The girls first showed me around town (just a couple of blocks from the house), then we went more into the city and I rode my first subway. Let's just say I put my life into the hands of twelve year old and a five year old. But they did take care of me and made sure we got to the right places. On the way home from the cute little craft store we went to, we got on the wrong subway. Great learning experience for me! I've been going through a nice fast crash course of learning the bus, subway and train systems this weekend. Challenge for next weekend: Driving! So excited!
Now onto today. I went to church with the girls today and we were waiting for the meeting to start when the older girl's friend came and started talking to her. Then the twelve year old told her friend to guess what my age is. Do you think you know? Well, this girl guessed fifteen! I mean, I knew I looked young, but I didn't think that I looked five years younger than I really am! Crazy! So then the friend told me to follow her because she knew someone who would be good to guess my age. I don't know their relationship but she took me to what I will assume is her brother. He guessed I was sixteen or seventeen. So that's a little better, but I mean, really? Do I really look that young? Not that I'm truly complaining, I mean, it'll be great in the long run of life. Oh well, what are you going to do?
After church, the girls and I went to the train station to go to their mom's place in Tuckahoe. Their mom took us out to eat and basically told me about her and got to know me. Then back to the train station for me. This time, I was on the train and bus alone. Kinda scary, but as long as I knew where to get off the train, on and off the bus, I would be fine. If I wasn't fine then I wouldn't be here writing this for you to hear of my adventures. Now I am home safe and sound and just ready for tomorrow to come for me to figure it out and to make sure I make it to Tuckahoe in time for the girls to come home from school and not get lost. That is pretty much my goal for the next few weeks: do not get lost!
Thanks for reading! Tune in next time! Hopefully I'll have a pretty good story to tell. This weekend sure was full of good adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment