Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bucket List Items

Last weekend I decided to go to Times Square. Let's just say that going down there during Super Bowl weekend was not exactly one of the smartest things to do, but it was still pretty amazing! I just walked around just to see what was there. People. Lots of people were there. I guess that shouldn't be a shock...but I feel like there was less room to walk. I don't know, that was the first time I had ever been there. So check going to Times Square off my list.
Yesterday I decided to go down to Macy's. Yes, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Macy's. The Macy's. (Not the grocery store for those of you in Cache Valley, Utah). It. Was. Amazing. I could spend all day in that store. I went to mostly look around and to let myself find my way there so that I knew where it was. I decided not to buy anything unless it was a really great price. Another reason why I decided not to buy anything was because I knew that if I had gone to get something specific, I would have gotten frustrated because either I wouldn't have been able to find the right thing (or anything I was looking for) or I wouldn't have wanted to spend that much money. Next time I go though, I will get something because it's Macy's and it is a beautiful, wonderful store. Go to Macy's in New York: Check!
Today I had the intention of going to Central Park and ice skate. I went to Central Park and was walking around looking for this ice rink that I looked up and figured I would be able to find it. As I was walking and looking around, I decided that if I din't find the ice rink, that it would be okay because I got to see the beautiful park and the scenery. It was amazing! During this walk, my fingers started to get cold and I realized that I forgot to take my gloves. Of course, today was warmer than it has been all week and I haven't been wearing gloves but I also didn't have my hands in pockets today... Well, next time I go to Central Park to go ice skating or walking, I will remember to wear my gloves or keep them in my pockets. I didn't go ice skating because I figured that I wouldn't have been able to tie my skates on or my shoes afterward. Go to Central Park: Check! Ice Skate in Central Park: No Check... that's okay though. Next time.
Anyway, during my first two adventures told above, I was stopped by a couple of male beauticians asking where I got my hair done. I told them that my sister did it. So they would ask where my sister was at and I told them Utah. So they told me about these discount they were doing but in my mind I'm thinking, I know that these are great discounts and everything, but I am really obsessive about my hair and particular to who does it. Yes I love when people play with it and run their fingers through it but cutting it...I kinda only trust my sister to do it... And yes I know that I need to think about the possibility of someone else do it since I'm in New York and she's in Utah, but that's going to be hard for me because my sister knows how I like my hair and what I want. I know that if I tell a stylist how I want it they would do it...but I'm not exactly ready to go looking right now...Although, there was the guy from yesterday who almost got me to go to their salon just because he seemed so sincere  and I wasn't having and freaky feelings about him. He was giving me the best compliments. I knew that he was doing it mostly to try and get me to buy the coupon or whatever it was that he was selling for the salon he worked at. He called me cute, adorable, darling, I don't remember what else but it was really boosting my self confidence and was making my day. 
Now I am sitting here writing this while watching the Olympics and thinking that yes, you may be super great at your sport and you may have this beautiful jump, but if you don't land it and land it strong, it wasn't as beautiful as it should have been. And thinking on that, you may be drop dead gorgeous on the outside, but if what comes out of your mouth isn't so great, you lose that beauty that you are. So be careful what you say and do. Be strong in who you are but not so that people are scared of you, but that people want to come up to you. Don't be beautiful just on the outside, but on the inside as well.
Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment