Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday Adventure

Today, we took an outing out to Westchester mostly so we could rent a car, go ice skating, and take Goose to a fireside. Well, we got the car, then went to lunch at this diner, then dropped Goose off to go to the fireside. Then we went over to New Jersey so we could go shopping at Ikea for furniture and a couple other things for my bedroom and to decorate the house with. So, to add to my first: shopping at Ikea, going over the Hudson River, being in New Jersey, and going over the George Washington Bridge. What a pretty great day.
Oh my gosh! The view on the George Washington Bridge on the way home was gorgeous! I almost died! Just seeing the lights of New York on one side and New Jersey on the other with all the lights and buildings! Then looking down the river and seeing as far as I could see (in the dark, not too far...just as far as the lights go). Even though we were in the car, I felt like I could breath and do anything! Whoever thought I would miss the mountains obviously doesn't know me too well. Yes I love the mountains and they are great, but I can't see past them, I feel kinda claustrophobic and trapped. I love the feel of open air and seeing for miles around.
I remember when I was in Oregon about eight and a half years ago looking out into the ocean, as far as I could see, and just imagining how far away the next land was, or watching a ship come to shore. When I look at the mountains, it's kinda hard for me to imagine that...sometimes I can, but I can't everyday because I feel blocked by my view of them. I can't just knock them down so I can see. As weird as it is to say, I really like looking at buildings. I think they are so beautiful! Especially when they are all lit up at night. Call me crazy, but that's how I like it. I love the open air. Don't get me wrong, I love the mountains as I have said before. I love to go camping and horseback riding. There are so many different things I love to do. But as I dig deeper into myself and find out who I am as a person; I really love being by the ocean or open air, whatever you want to call it.
That's just me and I have my own opinion just like you and I am entitled to it. You are entitled to your opinion too and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Don't let others bring you down because you think one way or another, different than them or the same. It doesn't matter because as long as you are true to who you are, then nothing else, no one else's words matter. It all depends on you and how you look at life and how you live it. Be who you are! 'You can only be you because everyone else is taken.'
Sorry, that seems really a little off topic but as I have said before, my thoughts just go where they go. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment