Thursday, January 16, 2014

Time Flies By

It's weird to think that only a week ago, I landing in New York. In that week I have crossed off a couple of things on my bucket list. For example: fly across the country, ride a taxi in NY, ride the subway, and the train. I've also ridden the bus but I didn't really have that on my list. It's crazy how the time flies. I never really think about it until I stop and reflect what has gone on in my life. I mean, my three older siblings are married; my oldest brother has two kids,  my sister's husband was deployed almost a year ago and came home in November, my second older brother has one on the way. Then there's me, I have worked as a nanny, day care, a reading teacher for kindergartners, and now a nanny for a wonderful family in New York. My baby sister is turning seventeen tomorrow (now that's crazy), and my baby brother just turned twelve in December.
I'm very proud of where my life has gotten me. I've had a lot of ups and downs but as a quote I read once said: 'If you don't have ups and downs, then you're dead". So when you are having a rough patch in life, just try and think of what you can learn from it and just think of how much better it can make your life. You can help your future children, friends, family, etc. with the challenges in their lives. I know that I don't have much to offer, but I know that I can help when people need it, whether it be they need someone to listen, cry or laugh with, a hug or even a simple smile. I am here! and you can be to!
So 'stop and smell the roses' every once in a while as the old saying goes. I know that I try to wherever I am in life simply because it makes me feel better and less stressed. Go find that stress reliever, that special someone you know you can trust and let your frustrations out or help them with theirs.
Thanks for reading! Also, sorry if my blogs don't make sense...I kinda just write whatever comes to my mind and a lot of times my mind is scattered and mixed up and doesn't make any sense. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment