Thursday, May 15, 2014

Catching Up Part 1: Washington DC

Washington DC April 25-27:

On the night of the twenty-fifth, we drove down to DC (about a four hour drive) and got to our hotel, then went to bed/sleep...at least I tried to sleep. Goose and I were in a different room than her dad, sister and uncle. Goose had slept in the car and I didn't. We got to the hotel a little after midnight. Goose wasn't tired and I was. I was so excited to go to sleep and get a good night's sleep so I could be awake to do the things we had planned for the following day. Goose apparently had other plans because she was not tired at the moment. I was just falling asleep and was almost all the way when all of a sudden my ear was freezing! Goose thought it would be funny to put an ice cube there. Finally I get mostly asleep again when I feel a poking in my arm and hand. As I was slightly waking up I found out that Goose had been poking me with her embroidery needle.  Thinking this is the end of the shenanigans I go to sleep. I am in a good sleep. My alarm starts to go off, so I wake up to turn it off. Come to find that it's only 2:00 in the morning and I had been asleep for half and hour to and hour. And there were other alarms that Goose had decided to put on there... Luckily I was awake enough to see those and turn them off. That was the true end of the craziness of the night and I was finally able to sleep for four to five hours that night.

The twenty-sixth, we woke up and went down to go swimming before having to get ready for the day and the boys would go get their stuff for the half marathon they were running on the twenty-seventh. We made signs for the race and made sure the racers had everything they needed for the race. After, we went to eat brunch with and were deciding what to do after that. Goose and I decided to go sightseeing after we charged our phones and her camera. We rented a couple of bikes and rode around. We saw the National Monument, the White House, and some really cute and awesome buildings (I will show pictures don't worry). We had to get back to the hotel by 5:30/6:00 so that Goose could be ready to go to a work dinner with her dad, uncle and sister. While they were at dinner, I went shopping and relaxed. Then us girls went for a night swim. We had the pool to ourselves for the most part. We played a few games like Marco Polo, What Time is it Mrs. Dolphin, Shark Attack, and had some races. It was so fun! Then it was bedtime. And guess what? I got a mostly good night's sleep (again). The girls were asleep when I came out of the bathroom after taking a shower. Goose was taking up basically the entire bed, Shi was on my side so I decided to sleep at the end of the bed. I kept waking up just to make sure I wasn't going to fall off the bed.

Morning came sooner than I had wanted but I started to get ready for the day while the girls slept so that I could help them get ready when they did wake up. Today was the day of the Nike Women's Half Marathon and the guys were getting closer to being at the finish line. The girls and I were ready and waiting for them to watch them cross the finish line. They did so great! While the guys went to cool down, the girls and I waited for a couple of the girls that we knew to finish the race. Once everyone was finished, we took a few group photos, and headed back to the hotel to relax and get ready to checkout so we could go home. We went to breakfast/brunch/lunch at Lincoln's Waffle Shop. It was pretty good. After that we were heading to the Lincoln Memorial but wound up not going because we needed gas for the car and we wanted to get home. So we drove home, some of us took a couple of naps. We dropped the girl's off at their mom's and then the guys and I headed to the city for home.

Here are some pictures of our trip:






No comments:

Post a Comment